The library has an objective to Select, collect, acquire, process, conserve, Preserve ,Organize, provide, Available and making accessible a range of print, non print, and electronic materials which is relevant to the Institution’s researchers, staff members and relevant external users.
The library has also an objective to promote access to the rapidly growing global collection of information, manage the resources efficiently and effectively in its maximum utilization, develop high quality standards in its collection development and maintain a comfortable, nice and pleasant reading.
All collections in the library are selective, constantly updated and contain relevant data. The collections are also responding to the policies and priorities of the Institution.
The collections include areas of food and nutrition, Public health, Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS and other related topics.
The Library also holds different books, journal, thesis, and Research paper, Periodical, Reference and CD Materials.
All library collections are available only for consultation, but books can be borrowed by EHNRI staff members only.
There are also five Public Computers that serve to access electronic resources including the Internet Service. This service is mainly accessible for health researchers.
The Library provides several user services. The service includes:
- Short Loan (Spot Reading) service: This service is provided to all EHNRI staff members and external users with letter of recommendation
- Long Lone Service: This service is particularly provided to the EHNRI Scientific, Technical and Administrative staff members. Users, which are members of the library are privileged to borrow materials for 15 days.
- Internet Service: this service includes e-mail and e-resource services.
On line E-resources available in EHNRI Library
- African Journal on-line (AJOL)
- EBSCO HOST
- Health Inter-network (HINARI)
- John Wiley and Sons
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc
Library working hour
Monday to Friday Morning-9:00-12:00 AM
Afternoon – 2:00-4:00 PM
Library, Gulelle Arbegnoch Street (the former Pasteur Institute)
Tel. + 251 11 2 751522/ 753470
Po. Box 1242, Addis Ababa